- Background on the federal law requiring “competition” for Medicare Cost plans and why the law significantly impacts Minnesota.
- Differences between Medicare Cost and Medicare Advantage plans.
- Impact of changes on healthcare providers, insurance industry, patients.
- How impacted parties have prepared for and are reacting to the changes.
- Impact on patient volume and staffing resources (i.e. care management).
5 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.: Sign-In and Networking (Hors d’Oeuvres)
5:45 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Welcome and Opening Comments (Mat Bedard, ACHE MN President Elect)
6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion and Audience Q&A
- Mike Bingham, Senior Vice President,Optage and Health initiatives, Presbyterian Homes
- Jennifer Myster, President, Methodist Hospital
- Jonathan Lips, Vice President of Legal and Regulatory Affairs, LeadingAge Minnesota
- Ghita Worcester, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and Chief Marketing Officer, UCare
- Jon Christianson, Professor and James A. Hamilton Chair in Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota, School of Public Health
7:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Closing and Final Networking