Wellbeing and Campus Safety
Safety on Campus
- Masking and Face Coverings on Campus
Masks are required indoors for everyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, effective Aug. 3. For more information, view the University’s official Face Covering Protocol.
- Campus Safety:
- All faculty, staff and students should carry their U Card at all times when on campus, to ensure access as you move about. If you need a U Card, avoid the lines, upload your photo, and pick up your card early, if possible.
- Aurora Center for Advocacy and Education
- Campus safety
- The University’s Department of Public Safety website has information on crimes, advice on using our safety resources, and importantly, the phone number for our SafeWalk Service which is available 24/7 to walk or bike with anyone on campus at no cost. Call 612-624-WALK (4-9255 from any campus phone)
- Keeping Work Spaces Clean
- Ordering protective products and cleaning supplies: U Market
- Best practices for cleaning work spaces: University Health and Safety COVID-19 Guidance (PDF)
Report Racial Bias and Discrimination
Disease does not discriminate. Racial discrimination and stereotyping is not tolerated at the U of M. If you experience or witness harassment or discrimination report it through a number of UMN resources.
- For the safety of everyone, including yourself, if you are feeling sick, please stay home. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to remain flexible, understanding, and help accommodate individual needs.
- If you suspect you have COVID-19 symptoms, contact:
- Your primary health care provider
- On-campus clinics: Boynton Health COVID-19 updates
- For international students, staff, and faculty:
- The University crisis line is available 24 hours a day: 612-301-4673 or text “UMN” to 61222
- To access confidential online cognitive behavioral therapy, visit the Learn to Live website (enter code “UMN”).
- Effective U
- Office of Student Affairs
- Student Counseling Services
- Boynton Mental Health Clinic
- Let’s Talk (informal drop-in consultations with a counselor)
- Employee Assistance Program (for UMN faculty, staff, and their family members)
- Mental Health Advocates
Fresh and Healthy Food at No Charge
- Mindful Mondays, informal hour of meditation and light movement (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Wellbeing Program Opportunities During COVID-19 (Faculty and Staff)
- Wellbeing Webinars from Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality and Healing (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Academic Success Center (Students)
- Create Your New Routine (Students, Faculty, Staff)
- 24 Things to Do During Study Breaks Other Than Social Media (Students)